HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
1. Answer the following questions (1988)
1. In what sense can the human factor be considered the most important factor in industry? Why has the management of human resources become a challenging job?
2. How can you identify the training needs for different levels of employees in an organisation?
Describe how you would formulate the aims and objectives of the Training Programme.
2. Answer the following questions
1. What are the objectives of Job Evaluation? Examine the relationship of wages with job evaluation.
2. Why should an organisation have a Transfer Policy? What are the elements that a transfer policy should have?
3. Answer the following questions
1. Healthy industrial relations in an organisation constitutes the lungs and oxygen of Industrial peace. Amplify the statement and bring out the parameters for judging the health of Industrial Relations.
2. Discuss the factors facilitating and hindering collective bargaining in the Indian context. What steps will you suggest for the promotion of collective bargaining?
4. Explain the concept of living wage; fair wage and minimum wage; critically examine the criteria for determination of wages according to the Committee on fair wages. Do you think that the criteria are relevant today? (1989)
5. Discuss briefly:
1. Performance Appraisal.
2. Grievance Handling in Industry.
6. Answer the following questions
1. How would you determine the training needs in an organization?
2. Why is executive development programme important? Describe some important methods used for this purpose.